List:       mad-user
Subject:    [mad-user] Clipping
From:       M.S.Powell () salford ! ac ! uk (Mark Powell)
Date:       2001-10-30 12:55:35

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Andre wrote:

> Having to throw away 20% of the original resolution before you start
> is indeed not good... :-(
>
> Its really an encoder problem though rather than a decoder issue
> though - MAD simply highlights the issue.

Yeah, I know it's not MAD's problem, but I thought this was rather a lot
of the original resolution to be losing.

> Which encoder are you using ??

Lame v3.90 alpha 7 with options "--r3mix --scale 1" (the latter to turn
off the usual r3mix --scale 0.98).
  Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Academic Information Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key