List:       mad-user
Subject:    [mad-user] Playlist track time abnormalities
From:       naw () pobox ! com (David Shin)
Date:       2000-12-28 12:53:53

This has been reported before, but I just thought I'd bring it up
again.  When you have Winamp set to Read Titles on Play (Winamp
Preferences->Options), MAD will not show the track time for the first
file that's played.  Not the first track on the playlist, but the first
track that you try to play (which doesn't have a track time listed
already).

Also, VBR track time handling needs to be better (until VBR headers is
supported).  I realize MAD can't help reading wrong track times when
Fast Playing Time Calculation is enabled, but it should show the correct
times when the files are actually playing.  Every other decoder changes
the track time correctly (even after MAD has loaded the wrong track time
into the playlist), but MAD will not.  For example, if you enable MAD
and load a bunch of VBR files, the wrong track times will show in the
playlist.  Now disable MAD, enable the default decoder, and play each of
the files.  The correct track times will now show.  Why can't MAD do the
same thing?  It should send the correct track time when the file is
actually playing.  Even if it takes up to 5 or 6 seconds, it should
still send the correct time.  Is this somehow related to the previous
bug where it won't show any track time at all when you first play a file
in Read Titles on Play mode?