List:       mad-dev
Subject:    [mad-dev] [patch] [libid3tag] handle general case when writing
From:       triad () df ! lth ! se (Linus Walleij)
Date:       2004-10-30 14:24:57

Sam, first: good work! This is much needed.

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Sam Clegg wrote:

> It works for me and I would like to get it included in libid3tag
> as the current version will silently fail to write updated tags
> that are not the same size as the original.

Don't you mean taht it will fail of the updated tags are larger than the
original?

I found a way to work around it by adding some unused padding zeroes to
the tag. (This is mentioned in the ID3v2 spec.) As long as the modified
tag do not exceed the padding buffer, everything works OK.

Will the patch also handle adding tags to files that do not have any tag
at all?

Will it also handle adding ID3v1 tags if such do not exist?

Linus Walleij