List:       mad-dev
Subject:    [mad-dev] Output sample rate
From:       rob () mars ! org (Rob Leslie)
Date:       2004-10-12 19:42:04

On Oct 12, 2004, at 12:18 PM, Emil Rojas wrote:
> Any clues on where one actually controls the output sample rate in the
> library?  I have tried to figure it out but I am unable to figure it
> out.

The output sample rate is determined by the MPEG stream input. The only
option provided by the library is to generate output at exactly 1/2
this sample rate -- mad_stream_options(stream,
MAD_OPTION_HALFSAMPLERATE).

The library does not provide general resampling facilities; if you want
to produce output with an arbitrary sampling frequency, you will have
to resample the output yourself or with another library. See for
example the resample.c code in madplay.

--
Rob Leslie
rob@mars.org