List:       mad-dev
Subject:    [mad-dev] python bindings to libid3tag
From:       sam () superduper ! net (Sam Clegg)
Date:       2003-10-20 8:28:06

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 11:22:12PM +0100, Alastair Tse wrote:
> I actually didn't get a reply so I thought no one was working on it. So
> as an exercise to learn how SWIG works, I made some as well :) I forgot
> to announce it or anything. I think the bindings are pretty complete
> except for id3_tag_render(). I don't understand how to tell how much
> buffer to give to render a tag or if it allocates the memory for you.
>
> http://www-lce.eng.cam.ac.uk/~acnt2/code/
>
> Maybe we could combine our efforts somehow.

Cool, your wrappers look more comprehensive than mine.  Although
mine are object oriented and very simple.
                                                                                      \
 tag = Id3Tag.ItdTag("an.mp3")
print tag.Artist
print tag.GetFrame("TIT2")
                                                                                      \
 Maybe my set of OO wrappers could be added on top of yours? I'll
give them a try today

cheers,
sam
--
sam clegg
> > sam@superduper.net :: http://superduper.net/ :: PGP : D91EE369
$superduper: .signature,v 1.13 2003/06/17 10:29:24 sam Exp $