List:       macports-users
Subject:    Re: 2.7.1 -> 2.7.2 OK
From:       Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign () macports ! org>
Date:       2022-03-14 0:51:58

(resending from correct address)

On Mar 13, 2022, at 16:34, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Smooth as the proverbial baby's bottom on an oldish MacBook Pro, High
> Sierra 10.13.6; well done, all.
>
> I'm quite taken by the progress bar on "cmake"; it keeps changing its
> mind, just like a MacOS upgrade does :-)

The most common way that you might see a port build progress bar not behave correctly \
is if you are using the universal variant and the port uses the muniversal portgroup. \
In that case, you'll see the progress for building one architecture, and then the \
progress bar will reset and show you the progress of building the next architecture, \
etc. Other than that it should be pretty accurate, provided that the port's build \
system provides accurate progress information.