List:       macports-users
Subject:    Re: macOS 11 Big Sur and MacPorts
From:       Andrew Udvare <audvare () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-11-16 8:28:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On 16/11/2020 02:56, Lothar Haeger wrote:
> Same here: installing XCode and opening it once seems to install command line \
> tools. At least they are listed in Preferences as installed (at the same path as \
> XCode.app). Seems as if no separate install is required with 12.x anymore.
>
> > Am 16.11.2020 um 06:41 schrieb Wahlstedt Jyrki <jwa@macports.org>:
> >

> > > Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign@macports.org> kirjoitti 16.11.2020 kello 4.41:
> > >
> > > Hm. As far as I knew, the "components" that Xcode updates at first launch are \
> > > only related to on-device iOS/iPadOS/watchOS/tvOS development.
> >
> > Not 100 % sure, but entering the command gives:
> >
> > jwa@bach:databases> xcode-select --install
> > xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software \
> > Update" to install updates jwa@bach:databases>
> >
> > Is it only me?
> >

> > !
> > ! Jyrki

I really would like to convert this to *extremely clear* copy-paste
instructions or even a script that fixes issues, at least for Big Sur.

I haven't had too much of an issue building things (except Qt from the
PR to update it, see ticket #61103) but I have some seen some messages
like the following:

Warning: The macOS 11.0 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may
not build correctly.
Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools
package by running `xcode-select --install'.

Maybe related to https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt

Usually the message is different and says to go to this link.

--
Andrew

["OpenPGP_0x1AFD9AFC120C26DD_and_old_rev.asc" (application/pgp-keys)]
["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]