If you like jigsaw puzzles and are isolated or stuck at home due to = coronavirus and looking for things to do, try the Palapeli port, which = is part of KDE Games 4. Advantages are: - You can cut your own puzzles from your own photos, etc. - You can choose the number of pieces and the general shape, using any = of several =E2=80=9Cslicer=E2=80=9D modules. - When playing, the game saves its state to disk every two seconds. - It can handle puzzles up to 10,000 pieces in size, providing = =E2=80=9Cholder=E2=80=9D windows for subsets of pieces, such as Sky, = Edges, etc. - The manual is comprehensive and is online at = https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kdegames/palapeli/index.html or google = kde docs palapeli. - An optional Preview window lets you see all or part of the completed = puzzle. - The game is in good working order, except for occasional crashes with = minor impact (see below). - You get a starter library of five easy puzzles and can add your own = puzzles to it. Disadvantages are: - Palapeli takes a while to install under MacPorts, because it has a = huge chain of dependencies via qt4-mac and kdelibs4, but you can break = up the load by installing those two ports first from the binaries. - Pieces are not rotated when the puzzle is shuffled. - The functionality of the game has not changed for a few years: I was = the last maintainer, but am retired from FOSS development now. - Crashes can occur when you move and join pieces rapidly: I was never = able to find why, but the autosave feature (see above) ensures that you = do not lose hours of work. - If you have a Linux system, Palapeli is available in a maintained KF5 = version, but I don=E2=80=99t think there are many bug fixes or new = features. =E2=80=9CPalapeli" is a German word with a meaning something like = =E2=80=9Cpell-mell=E2=80=9D in English. Enjoy, Ian Wadham.=