List:       macports-users
Subject:    Re: Is there yet a clean way to upgrade to OpenSSL 1.1.1?
From:       "Daniel J. Luke" <dluke () geeklair ! net>
Date:       2019-04-23 2:33:41

On Apr 18, 2019, at 5:05 PM, Bill Cole \
<macportsusers-20171215@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
> Is there some approach that I'm not seeing to build against the new version while \
> leaving services that use the old version (and spawn worker children while running) \
> up and functional?

I think your best bet is to wait for that PR to be merged, and then wait a little \
longer for binaries to be built for all of the other services that you have running - \
then your potential downtime for each service should be pretty short.

You could, of course, replicate what the build infrastructure does if you don't want \
to be patient (but it would probably be a better use of your time to help out with \
testing the PR and getting everything ready for it to just be merged).

--
Daniel J. Luke