List:       macports-users
Subject:    macOS 10.13 High Sierra
From:       Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign () macports ! org>
Date:       2017-09-26 0:18:05

macOS 10.13 High Sierra has been released. As usual with any major OS =
update, we recommend MacPorts users wait a few weeks before updating. =
This will give us time to produce an installer package for MacPorts for =
this new OS version, to get our automated build system producing =
binaries for the new OS version, and will give our maintainers time to =
fix some of the more common problems that we will inevitably discover =
with some ports.

When you do upgrade, remember to upgrade Xcode, and the command line =
tools, and reinstall MacPorts, and uninstall and reinstall all ports. =
See the Migration page for more info.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration

If you encounter problems, please check our Trac issue tracker to see if =
the problem is already known, and if not, file a new ticket and add the =
"highsierra" keyword. Thanks.

-Ryan