List:       macports-users
Subject:    Re: Anybody with 10.6.8 and Macports-built GCC 5.3.0 willing to	upload its binaries?
From:       Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign () macports ! org>
Date:       2016-04-20 17:07:54

On Apr 20, 2016, at 07:36, César wrote:

> If anybody runs OS X 10.6.8, and built GCC 5.3.0 with Macports, and could upload a \
> DMG/Pkg of such 5.3.0 binaries (including requisites) to some server, it would be \
> quite helpful for me at the moment.
> If not possible, don't worry, I'll set up everything for building it these weeks, \
> but I'm on hard deadlines at the moment and it would be of great help.

We build binaries automatically for all ports where the licenses allow it. MacPorts \
will automatically use those binaries if available. Binaries for gcc5 for snow \
leopard are available.

They're not in pkg or dmg format for use outside of MacPorts, however. That would \
need to be manually created by someone if desired. But it would be easier or you to \
install MacPorts on the machine where you want to install gcc5, then use MacPorts to \
install gcc5.