List:       macports-users
Subject:    Re: Two User-Experience Problems
From:       Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign () macports ! org>
Date:       2015-08-21 19:52:12

On Aug 21, 2015, at 7:00 AM, Eneko Gotzon wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:13 PM, Jean-François Caron wrote:
> > it goes to sleep​,​ the build is paused​.​
>
> [Just as humble user]
>
> Using the GUI: ​Sys Pref > Energy Saver > "Prevent computer from sleeping…" & \
> ​"Put hard disks to sleep…".
> ​[​Sorry​ if stupid]​

Setting up an alias for the port command is better, because then the machine will \
still go to sleep after a reasonable time if it's really idle, but won't go to sleep \
if a long build is happening.

You could set a shell alias in your .bashrc or .bash_profile:

alias port='caffeinate -i sudo port'

I use basically this, but in a shell function which does this and a bit more.