List:       macports-users
Subject:    Re: Recent failure of macports
From:       Lawrence_Velázquez <larryv () macports ! org>
Date:       2014-11-26 21:09:31

On Nov 26, 2014, at 4:04 PM, DD <dandunfee@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are error messages to a failure of curl to find various things as though the \
> location it was expecting has changed.  The "gettext" is an example if I try a \
> fresh install of youtubes-dl.

Exactly what errors are you seeing from curl? Were you trying to run `selfupdate` \
today? Our rsync, distfiles, and packages servers are currently unresponsive.

> With the most recent os10 update has there been some change to the way macports \
> works that might be the source of my problem that appeared with the "tree" update?

No.

> Could I reinstall the snow leopard version and start from scratch as a possible \
> solution?

As I suspect your issues are due to our downtime, reinstalling would be a waste of \
your time. Just wait until our servers are back up. Nothing bad is going to happen if \
you can't run `selfupdate` for a few hours.

vq