List:       macports-users
Subject:    Re: Errors from MacPorts SVN tree -- unable to sync
From:       Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign () macports ! org>
Date:       2013-05-31 19:44:42

On May 31, 2013, at 14:25, Andrew Todd wrote:

> Thank you for checking; I was able to get outside of our corporate network and \
> checkout successfully. I suspect that our corporate transparent HTTP proxy is \
> rejecting these requests based on some internal size limit before they get to your \
> Apache server. Hilariously enough, our "guest" Wifi network does not have the same \
> restriction.

Glad you got it working.

> Oh well, guess it's time to support syncing the tree over Git or something.

We have read-only git mirrors of several parts of the Subversion repository, \
including trunk, which contains the dports tree; feel free to use them:

http://www.macosforge.org/post/git-mirrors/

As far as I know, "port sync" doesn't understand git checkouts, but if it doesn't, we \
would accept a patch to make it understand them, and until it does, you could fake it \
by doing whatever commands one does with git to get it to update the checkout, and \
then run "portindex" in the dports directory. You could wrap that up in a script and \
call it instead of "port sync". You could even install a shell alias to intercept \
"port sync" and have it run the script instead.