List:       macports-users
Subject:    Fwd: man Renders ugly mans
From:       Charles Darwin <macports.users () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-25 13:21:59

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Charles Darwin <darwinskernel@gmail.com>
> Date: January 25, 2009 8:20:54 AM EST (CA)
> To: macports.users@gmail.com
> Subject: Fwd: man Renders ugly mans

["failed.configure-ask" (failed.configure-ask)]

-bash-3.2$ ./configure -ask
checking for gcc
gcc is /usr/bin/gcc
checking for ANSI C header files
checking for POSIX.1 header files
checking for BSD string and memory functions
checking whether sys/types.h defines uid_t
checking for Xenix
checking how to get alloca
checking for nls
checking for getopt.h
Checking echo to see how to suppress newlines...
...using \c

Do you have the nroff source for man pages?  [yes]

If you don't have one of the following programs, enter `missing'.
It's best to enter absolute pathnames so that man won't have to
depend on the user's path to work properly.  Default values are
given in square brackets.  The answers given are only checked to
see if the programs exist, not to see see if the given flags are
correct.

troff command to use [/usr/bin/groff -Tps -mandoc] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/troff

nroff command to use [/usr/bin/nroff -Tlatin1 -mandoc] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/nroff

jnroff command to use [/usr/bin/groff -Tnippon -mandocj] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/groff -Tnippon -mandocj

eqn command to use [/usr/bin/eqn -Tps] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/eqn -Tps

neqn command to use [/usr/bin/eqn -Tlatin1] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/neqn

jneqn command to use [/usr/bin/eqn -Tnippon] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/eqn -Tnippon

tbl command to use [/usr/bin/tbl] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/tbl

col command to use [/usr/bin/col]

vgrind command to use [/usr/bin/vgrind]

refer command to use [/usr/bin/refer] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/refer

grap command to use [missing]

pic command to use [/usr/bin/pic] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/pic

pager command to use [/usr/bin/less -is] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/less -is

browser command to use [/usr/bin/less -is] /Volumes/neo/opt/bin/less -is

htmlpager command to use [/bin/cat]

cmp command to use [/usr/bin/cmp -s]

cat command to use [/bin/cat]

awk command to use [/usr/bin/awk]

It seems that no col is needed, since you use groff.

Do you want to put the cat pages under /var/cache/man ? [no]
Do you want to put the cat pages under /var/catman ? [no]

Where should executables be installed?  [/usr/bin]

/usr//usr/bin doesn't seem to exist!  Try again!
/usr/bin

Where should makewhatis be installed?  [/usr/sbin] /usr/sbin

Where should man pages be installed? [/usr/man] /usr/man

/usr/man doesn't seem to exist!  Try again!
/usr/share/man

Where should man.conf be installed?  [/usr/lib]

/usr//usr/lib doesn't seem to exist!  Try again!
/usr/lib

What extension should installed man(1) pages have? [1]

What extension should installed man(5) pages have? [5]

What extension should installed man(8) pages have? [8]

Do you want to install non-english man pages? [no]

Do you want to install man setuid or setgid to some user
who owns all the formatted man pages?  [no]

Enter the man page sections your system uses, separated by
spaces, and in the order they should be searched.
[1 1p 8 2 3 3p 4 5 6 7 9 0p tcl n l p o]

Compress formatted pages? [yes]

What program should be used to compress the formatted pages?
Note that it must work as a filter! [/usr/bin/bzip2]

What extension should be added to
compressed files?  [.bz2]

Now let us look at programs for uncompressing compressed man pages.

If you don't have one of the following programs, enter `missing'.
It's best to enter absolute pathnames so that man won't have to
depend on the user's path to work properly.  Default values are
given in square brackets.  The answers given are only checked to
see if the programs exist, not to see see if the given flags are
correct.

Command to use for .gz files (standard gzip)
[/usr/bin/gunzip -c]

Command to use for .bz2 files (standard bzip2)
[/usr/bin/bzip2 -c -d]

Command to use for .z files (pack/unpack)
[missing]

Command to use for .Z files (standard compress)
[/usr/bin/zcat]

Command to use for .F files (freeze/melt from net posting)
[missing]

Command to use for .Y files (yabba/unyabba from net posting)
[missing]

Created Makefile and conf_script. Now do "make" and "make install".

-bash-3.2$

["worked.configure-ask" (worked.configure-ask)]

[...]

Where should man pages be installed? [/usr/man] /usr/share/man

Where should man.conf be installed?  [/usr/lib]

/usr//usr/lib doesn't seem to exist!  Try again!
/user/lib

/user/lib doesn't seem to exist!  Try again!