List:       macports-users
Subject:    Re: Will ruby19 replace ruby?
From:       "C. Florian Ebeling" <florian.ebeling () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-25 10:59:08

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Neil <kngspook@gmail.com> wrote:
> After ruby19 is stable, will it replace ruby?

since 1.9 has a slightly, but incompatibly changed syntax, I don't
think that would be a good idea. I find other dynamic languages
being present in parallel in several versions and though we do
the same with ruby. E.g we have php4/php5,
python{21,22,23,24,25,26,30}, perl{5,5.8,5.10},
so it seems reasonable to do the same with ruby.

--
Florian Ebeling
Twitter: febeling