List:       macports-dev
Subject:    Re: [MacPorts] #56562: jbig2dec @0.14: checksum mismatch (was: jbig2dec @0.14)
From:       Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign () macports ! org>
Date:       2018-05-31 6:28:57

On May 30, 2018, at 16:31, macports@parvis.nl wrote:

> On 2018-05-30, at 21:47, MacPorts wrote:
>
> > #56562: jbig2dec @0.14: checksum mismatch
> > -----------------------+----------------------
> > Reporter:  pdvnl     |      Owner:  (none)
> > Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
> > Component:  ports     |    Version:  2.5.0
> > Resolution:            |   Keywords:  haspatch
> > Port:  jbig2dec  |
> > -----------------------+----------------------
> > Changes (by ryandesign):
> >
> > * keywords:  has patch => haspatch
> >

> > Comment:
> >
> > GitHub-hosted software should be fetched using the github 1.0 portgroup,
> > not by manually specifying `master_sites`.
> >
> > --
> > Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/56562#comment:1>
> > MacPorts <https://www.macports.org/>
> > Ports system for macOS
>
> It was a very recent portfile, the change was from a master site to github, agreed.
> Do you expect me to add the github portgroup to the portfile? Will do next time.

Portfiles for software hosted on GitHub should use the github portgroup, which is \
documented in the Guide.

Here are all the changes I ended up needing to commit:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/e8f91e903435a2d4eb2ba343fded106818f59a27

Unfortunately there were rather more changes than I would have liked, due to this \
particular software misusing GitHub as a file distribution platform.