List:       macports-dev
Subject:    Re: get user's home
From:       db <iamsudo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-08-04 19:41:04

On 4 Aug 2017, at 16:05, Joshua Root <jmr@macports.org> wrote:
> Should be in $user_home (if it could be determined, which is not =
guaranteed). But why do you need it? The user installing the port is not =
necessarily the one that will use it.

That worked, thanks. I used it for an env var's default value in ipfs' =
startup item (#54566). I don't know if we could pass a different value =
on install or load, for that matter. Everything's fine as in =
works_for_me. How come schraderbr=E4u has it and macports not?=