List:       macports-dev
Subject:    Re: variants
From:       Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla () macports ! org>
Date:       2016-04-13 18:06:08

> On Apr 12, 2016, at 5:41 AM, Takeshi Enomoto <takeshi@macports.org> wrote:
>
> > The implementation I propose is: pass on default variants like for user-selected \
> > variants, nothing more or less.
>
> The compiliation does not have to be avoided for variants,
> but it would be nice if the default variants were proliferated.

What would the variants be for "port install all"?

Would there be the potential to see a lot of variant conflicts?

I think the way default variants are handled now is best. Let those users that need \
special variant combinations figure out that special combination rather then have \
ports installed with variable variants depending on what else might be installed at \
the time.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)