List:       macports-dev
Subject:    Re: OpenGL/GLX dual link error in VLC 2.2.0 git/master via MacPorts on OS X
From:       Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu () macports ! org>
Date:       2015-02-07 11:15:08

> On Feb 7, 2015, at 02:01, Ren=E9 J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin@gmail.com> wrote:
> =

> Hello,
> =

> I think I found the error leading to OpenGL initialisation failure in VLC=
 2.2.0 rc2 built through MacPorts. Or rather: it must be a lack of initiali=
sation because I'd hope a failure during that step would be signalled and h=
andled appropriately ...
> =

> The configure procedure finds both the GLX libGL.dylib library and the Op=
enGL framework, and links both. Somehow that doesn't lead to linker warning=
s, which is why I didn't notice it before. More details at https://trac.vid=
eolan.org/vlc/ticket/13838 .

Good luck with that.  My experience with that track is that they will just =
close your ticket and tell you to piss off.

> I'd appreciate feedback from someone more familiar with autoconf/automake=
 to trace and correct this issue.
> Jeremy: you seem to be the last person to have updated port:VLC-devel; di=
d that build to a functional player for you?

Yeah, the last time I touched it, it built fine and gave me a functional VL=
C.app.

As upstream developers' manners leave much to be desired, I opted to stop m=
aintaining the port and haven't really messed with it for quite some time.

> It does not for me, and I'd like to be able to exclude the possibility th=
at my local build environment is somehow the reason for this GL/GLX confusi=
on.

Can you point me to a build log?  I'll take a look later.  Too tired now...