List:       macports-dev
Subject:    Re: Portfiles for Salt and dependencies
From:       Lawrence_Velázquez <larryv () macports ! org>
Date:       2014-11-20 19:16:55

Hi,

On Nov 18, 2014, at 5:51 PM, C. R. Oldham <cr@saltstack.com> wrote:

> 2014.7 brings with it a new variant enabling the RAET transport protocol.  This
> protocol has some new dependencies, which I have also created portfiles for,
> some of which use the select portgroup.  How should I submit the files that go
> with them?  Tar them all up and add them to a ticket separate from the
> Portfiles?

Create a separate ticket for each port you'd like to submit.

If there aren't too many files related to each port, just attach them directly \
without archiving them first; it makes it possible for us to view them directly in \
Trac.

Reference the ticket for Salt in each of the dependencies' tickets (e.g., "This port \
is required for salt (#11111)"), and reference the dependencies' tickets in the \
ticket for Salt (e.g., "This needs dep-foo (#22222) and dep-bar (#33333)").

Thanks,
vq