List:       macports-dev
Subject:    port contents inactive
From:       Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla () macports ! org>
Date:       2011-03-31 22:12:57

How challenging would it be to have "port contents" work on "installed" rather then \
"active"?

Example:
$ port installed help2man
  help2man @1.38.4_0
  help2man @1.39.2_0 (active)
pillbox:pixilla brad$

$ port contents help2man@1.38.4_0

I'm trying to track down an issue where a dependency has been upgraded and a library \
path has changed. So I wrote a script to run otool on all the contents of a port and \
verify that paths exist. Well, I have the new software deactivated because it's broke \
so I would still like to use "port contents <port \
name>@<version>_<revision><+variants>".

In the mean time I'll glob the dir at $prefix/var/software/<port name>/<version>...

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)