List:       m17n
Subject:    Re: [m17n] FYI: Printing CJK fonts in KDE 3.0
From:       Mike Fabian <mfabian () suse ! de>
Date:       2002-04-10 13:32:40

"Arne Schmitz" <arne.schmitz@mmweg.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> I've just installed KDE 3.0 on my SuSE 7.3 system with the packages from
> ftp.kde.org. It seems that printing of CJK documents (like websites or KWord
> documents) works now pretty well with the Arphic TT-fonts. This wasn't
> possible with KDE 2.2.2. This is really great, because this delivers a
> relatively usable CJK-ready word processor for Linux. :-)

Yes, this is one of the really great features of the new Qt3 that it
can embed TrueType fonts into the PostScript output.

This makes the printout much more similar to the display on the screen
and also makes PostScript printing possible on PostScript printers
without CJK fonts.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。