List:       lyx-users
Subject:    LyX with luatex and non-TeX fonts: Preview of math blown up
From:       Tobias Hilbricht <hilbricht () linopus ! de>
Date:       2024-04-28 11:52:34

Dear developers,

here, when using LyX with non-TeX fonts and output set to luatex,
preview of math (inline and display mode) is blown up (takes
unnecessary white space). When using XeTeX, preview works as expected,
that is, takes up the same space as in the compiled document.

I attached a screenshot. The output pdf is not affected.

To reproduce: Set up a LyX document with math and preview on and set
output preference to luatex (document > settings > output). Save the
document and open it again. In LyX, preview is blown up.

This is independent of the non-TeX fonts used, I get it reproducibly
with Fira Math, Cambria Math, Libertinus Math and TeX Gyre Pagella
Math. When I set output to XeTeX, save and open again, LyX preview
takes up expected space.

LyX 2.4.0~RC4

lualatex --version
This is LuaHBTeX, Version 1.18.0 (TeX Live 2024)
Development id: 7611

xelatex --version
XeTeX 3.141592653-2.6-0.999996 (TeX Live 2024)

Tobias

["LyX_preview_luatex_xetex.png" (image/png)]