List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Bibliography
From:       Rich Shepard <rshepard () appl-ecosys ! com>
Date:       2021-03-27 15:31:20

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021, Doug Martin wrote:

> I'm guessing that you don't use that dialog and somehow when you insert a
> citation using the Jabref external link, you choose directly from JabRef?
> An example of how you do the initial insert would be helpful.

Doug,

I've never used that dialog; wasn't aware of its existance. I've been using
JabRef for many years. It used to have a LyX icon on the icon bar along the top
which would insert the selected document in the lyx document where the
cursor is located. Now I use Ctrl-L which invokes Tool -> Push entries to
external applications (LyX/Kile).

As a touch-typist I prefer to use the keyboard as much as possible (and CLI
over GUI) so I am unfamiliar with many menu items offered by applications.

HTH,

Rich