List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Bibliography
From:       Rich Shepard <rshepard () appl-ecosys ! com>
Date:       2021-03-27 12:38:39

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

> Perhaps I explained badly: I have two relatively large bib files. The
> first one contains (among many others) most of the needed references for
> my book. The second one (among many others) those which are missing in the
> first one. I would like to get those into my document. But I do not want
> to have any references of the first one to be replaced by the same
> references in the second bib file.

Wolfgang,

What tool do you use to manage your references?

Why do you have multiple bibliographies?

Here, I use JabRef for all my references (981 of 'em). When I want to cite
one in a document (such as the book I'm writing), I select it and use
JabRef's external link to insert the citation in the text and the full
reference in the bibliography.

Would something like this work for you?

Rich