List:       lyx-users
Subject:    =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_Just_Do_It!_=e2=80=94_Long_Export_Process_Halted_to_Q?= =?UTF-8?Q?uery_Continuation?=
From:       Richard Heck <rgheck () lyx ! org>
Date:       2018-02-17 5:08:50

On 02/16/2018 11:46 PM, Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan wrote:
> On 02/16/2018 07:37 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

>>> Perhaps you're correct, but the process seems to stop, based upon the
>>> reported actions in the lower left-hand field.
>>
>> Agreed. I did not mean to say that LyX's behavior is ideal. I just
>> wanted to let you know you did not need to babysit.
>
> Okay, so basically just ill-considered use of a modal dialog box, the
> modality of which is just within the interface.  Thank you for that
> information!

It would probably be a very easy fix to make the dialog non-modal.

FYI, the reason we have this at all is to make it possible for people to
stop processes that are going on too long. As Scott sort of said, once
we have the ability to cancel this kind of thing, the timeout may no
longer be necessary. But that is still a bit buggy.

Richard