List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Bibliography keys
From:       Scott Kostyshak <skostysh () lyx ! org>
Date:       2017-04-15 4:44:59

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 10:59:30AM +0100, Steve Hnizdur wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using lyx 2.2.2 under Ubuntu 16.04.02 and have just noticed something
> which is puzzling.
>
> If I open a file and enter a new line into a bibliography environment I get
> a key value inserted as expected. However the value of the key does not take
> into account the values already in the document. This means I get duplicate
> lines of the form "key "key-nnn"" in the document.
>
> Lyx seems to keep its own internal counter which it increments by one
> irrespective of which document is being edited. Hence, for instance, if
> documents A and B are alternatively edited, if key-10 is inserted into
> document A key-11 will then be inserted into document B and then key-12 in
> document A etc.
>
> Is this local to me, a feature or what?

Hi Steve,

I can reproduce (back to 2.1.0). Although I never use this feature, my
first impression is that I'm surprised by this behavior also.

You might want to open a bug report on

  https://www.lyx.org/trac

to make sure this issue is not forgotten about.

In case you haven't considered it, I would suggest putting all of your
citations in a .bib file.

Thanks for your feedback!

Scott