List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Multicol Package: Figures Not Displayed [RESOLVED]
From:       Rich Shepard <rshepard () appl-ecosys ! com>
Date:       2016-04-28 15:47:28

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, Guillaume Munch wrote:

> This appears to be an issue on the latex side. Since you are using ERT,
> you will have to use one of the solutions from
> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/12262/multicol-and-figures by hand.

Guillaume,

   I tried both approaches on that stackexchange thread but could not learn
how to add captions and labels to non-float graphic inserts. So, ... I went
to the LyX wiki on Figures and found the answer:

   Insert the figure in a float and add the caption and cross-reference label
to it. Then position the cursor immediately ahead of the float and invoke
the Edit -> Float Settings checkbox. Deselect "Default settings" and select
the "Here definitely" option. Set the figure width to 100% column width,
save and compile.

Hope this helps others, too,

Rich