List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Book Frontmatter
From:       Anthony Campbell <ac () acampbell ! org ! uk>
Date:       2014-01-31 9:35:46

On 31 Jan 2014, Alan L Tyree wrote:
[snip]
> Hi Rich,
> I would normally defer to Steve on most of these questions, but I do
> think that a printed book has a more or less standard set of frontmatter
> pages.
>
> In my little (and mostly outdated) book 'Self-publishing with LyX', I
> discuss the ordinary frontmatter pages and how they might be set up with
> the ordinary book class.
>
> http://www.lulu.com/content/1085870
>
> HTH,
> Alan

I know this isn't very sophisticated or enterprising, but I just follow
convention for the frontmatter, as Alan says, and write it directly
myself without using any sort of semi-automated process.

This is for printed books. As regards conversion to ebook format, I've
done this for several books on Smashwords, but that is quite a
long-winded process because it has to be Word.doc format, which I do in
LibreOffice (not much fun). Kindle does accept rtf, which would help,
but as I'd already made Word.doc files I just used those.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
http://www.acupuncturecourse.org.uk