List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: menu bar lost in OS X
From:       Richard Heck <rgheck () lyx ! org>
Date:       2014-01-29 1:41:34

On 01/28/2014 03:14 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> This should be fixed shortly and a new installer will be uploaded.

As often, this is due to changes in the underlying Qt platform that seem
to exist only on certain versions of OSX. We have had this problem
before, and there are other issues about Cocoa versus whatever versus
whatever else. It is difficult to test every combination, and we have
only a couple active OSX developers. Many of them use trunk (2.1.dev)
for obvious sorts of reasons. So, well, we could really use a couple
people who could test the OSX version on a more regular basis. I use the
2.0.x branch, on Linux, for all my work, so I always have the latest
updates, and the latest bugs, too ;-) Lots of Linux people do this, and
so we always have a very up-to-date picture of how things are there. As
a result, there are rarely surprise bugs on Linux. If you can compile,
then it is actually very easy. Check out the 2.0.x branch via git, then
compile it manually or set up a cron job to keep it up to date, if you
really want to be hi-tech.

As Scott said, we will release an updated version shortly. There's a fix
for this issue already in branch, if you want to check that out, though
it apparently causes other problems. For now, you may want to go back to
2.0.6.

Richard Heck
Branch Maintainer