List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Error After Inserting Margin Figure
From:       Uwe_Stöhr <uwestoehr () web ! de>
Date:       2011-08-28 17:12:49

Am 27.08.2011 05:49, schrieb tim erickson:

> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg86974.html
>
> I've attached a file that recreates the trouble.

Hi Tim,

the problem is that margin floats do not allow any placement options. I added now a note in the
tufte example files that one needs to use the default placement option in the menu
Document->Settings->Float Placement.
Moreover one also must use the default placement for each margin float. Unfortunately LyX allows to
use special placement options by right-clicking ion the float, because we did not yet thought about
a case that a float cannot really "float", see http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7752.

The reason that margin floats cannot float is nevertheless clear because they are anchored in the
margin to the text paragraph where they are inserted and thus cannot float over pages.

Attached is your file that can be compiled.

regards Uwe

["marginfigure error.lyx" (application/lyx)]