List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Error in Latex output, LyX adds an extra brace
From:       Jim Oldfield <jim_lyx () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2011-02-24 12:01:46

> From: Jim Oldfield <jim_lyx@yahoo.co.uk>

> > From: Ingar Pareliussen <Ingar.Pareliussen@dmmh.no>
> >  I am working on a large document and there seem to be an error where  LyX
>adds
>
> >an extra brace to the LaTeX code. Removing the margin note from  the
> >paragraph-environment fixes the error, so the workaround is  easy. However, I
>
> >think this is an error, should I report it the  bugtracker?
>
> However, changing the inner layout to standard doesn't seem to fix the  error.

Sorry, it *does* fix the error. By the time I tried this, I'd put a paragraph
break in the margin note while I was messing around (now using "paragraph" in
the sense of "any old paragraph of text" sense!).

It seems that there is a LaTeX error if:
 (1) You have a margin note in a heading environment (chapter, section,
paragraph, etc)
 AND (2) you have EITHER:
   (2a) More than one (plain old) paragraph in the margin note
   OR (2b) You have an environment in the margin note (including headings such
as paragraph, and lists such as itemize).

I think this is a bug in LaTeX rather than LyX, especially (1)+(2a). I googled
for a (LaTeX) workaround, but I can't see one.

Jim