List:       lyx-users
Subject:    All document classes are unavailable......
From:       Charlie <ariestao () skymesh ! com ! au>
Date:       2011-02-23 7:17:43

Using LyX version 2.0.0beta4
(Monday, 7 February 2011)

On Debian testing on two systems. On one, the latest upgraded system,
all the document classes are "unavailable" without exception.

Yet the document classes that are said to be absent are all present.
I cannot access the /usr/share/texmf file. It gives me an error message
that I don't have permission to read that directory. Transferring it to
my home directory and changing the permissions and access so I can read
it, makes no difference.

This after texhashing and reconfiguring and jumping through all manner
of hoops, including uninstalling and reinstalling LyX.

This system, which I won't upgrade at the moment because of the problem
with the other, has all document classes available, but hasn't been
upgraded for some days, mainly because an upgrade will remove texlive.

Just a heads up for other users. I assume it will be fixed by an
upgrade in the future.

Be well,
Charlie
--
http://www.skymesh.net.au/~taogypsy/

To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of
truth lie undiscovered before me. ------------ SIR ISAAC NEWTON