List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Pull-down button for paragraph styles
From:       Paul Rubin <rubin () msu ! edu>
Date:       2010-10-30 19:30:46

LRP <lloyd <at> paisite.com> writes:

> Problem: no pull-down button to select paragraph environments.
>
> I've tried:
>
> - Selecting other document classes - no pulldown button
> - Bringing up previously working files -- no pulldown button
> - Closing and reopening Lyx - no pulldown button
> - Closing down Lyx, rebooting, reopening Lyx - no pulldown button
> - Reinstalling Lyx - no pulldown button
> - Purging and installing Lyx - no pulldown button.
>
> Has anyone run into this before? Anyone have a solution or suggestion?

I've never seen this before.  When you purged and reinstalled, did you eliminate
the ~/.lyx directory (where your personal settings live)?  If not, try zapping
that (backing up any local changes you might want to keep) and then restarting
LyX (without reinstalling).  LyX should recreate ~/.lyx automatically.  (If you
are on Windows, ~/.lyx is typically C:\Documents and Settings\<you>\Application
Data\lyx16, or something like that.  If you're on a Mac, I'm not sure where it
lives -- but Help > About LyX will tell you.)

/Paul