List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Lyx portable
From:       Olivier Ripoll <durocortorum73-gmane () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2009-11-29 10:01:13

Matthias Schmidt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use Lyx from an usb-stick.
>
> MiKTeX I found as a portable version on
> http://www.miktex.org/portable/ .
> ImageMagick ist availlable as a zip-file on
> http://image_magick.veidrodis.com/image_magick/.
>
> Now Lyx: Is there anywhere a current portable version of Lyx? There
> has been an older one on http://portableapps.com/node/9880, but the
> linked website is no more accessible.
> Or is it possibe, just to copy the lyx-folder from my lyx-installation
> on my c-drive to the stick? Did someone try, if it works?

Hi,

There is such a project on google code, lytex:
http://code.google.com/p/lytex/
It has a 1.6.3 version of LyX.

Also, a new one seems to be developed on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lyxportable/
but it does not look like ready (not in executable format yet).

And to answer you last set of questions, have a look at those
instructions on LyX Wiki:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/PortableInstallation

best regards,

Olivier