List:       lyx-users
Subject:    RE: Suggestion for LyX
From:       "Rob Oakes" <LyX-Devel () oak-tree ! us>
Date:       2009-11-26 17:10:42

I'd also throw in a plug for Mendeley (http://www.mendeley.com/).  It
combines the best of many programs into one.  You can use it with Zotero to
pull references from the web and with LyX via the BibTeX sync.  More
importantly, it makes it easy to organize your reference library and sync
PDFs across multiple computers.  I've only started to play with the
collaboration features, but so far I've been pretty impressed.

I've been using Mendeley for a book project for about a month and a half,
and it has made many things a lot easier.  While it isn't open source, it is
free (as in beer) and cross platform.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes