List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Importing Lyx files in SWP
From:       Ken <kmailuk () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-23 13:21:31

Hi Gyorgy,

Thanks so much for your comments.  I have not used mupad and tend to
create all my charts in Matlab so I was unaware of those features.
Maybe I was too harsh on SWP...but I do vastly prefer LyX.  And maybe
your comments might spark some work within LyX on the unimplemented
features you mentioned.

The one question I have which I did not understand from your post was
on latex2e and using SWP and LyX in parallel.  Could you please
elaborate on how you use latex2e to use these two programs together.
Is latex2e conversion set up in the standard LyX installation?  Would
latex2e strip out non-native latex commands like \tabularnewline so
that a LyX document will import into SWP easily?

Thanks,
Ken