List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: authorindex in LyX?
From:       Mats Andrén <mats.andren () ling ! lu ! se>
Date:       2009-10-27 15:36:17

Manveru wrote:
> 2009/10/24 Mats Andrén <mats.andren@ling.lu.se>:
>
>> Sorry to be "spamming" but after sending my post I realized that it was a
>> bit strange of me not to try what would happen without the multicols
>> begin/end-pair, and just call \printauthorindex. When I remove the multi
>> column stuff, no extra two pages are generated, which should probably be
>> relevant for you people...
>>
>> But the main problem remains, of course.
>>

> What I can tell you about LyX is that it cannot run additional scripts
> during LaTeX processing yet. And probably will not, as I it should
> assume you have perl installed on your machine, which is often a
> problem on Macs or Windows.
>
> There are possible solutions to create your own converter calling the
> perl script after first latex run. But you have then define your own
> format, for example 'pdflatex (authorindex)'.

Thank you very much for the reply!

This is precisely what I was hoping for. (I do have perl installed on my
Mac.) However, it is not clear to me how to get the authorindex script
running by making a converter. When I got XeTeX running in LyX I made a
converter, so I have a vague idea how converters work in LyX, but in
that case I just followed instructions that were available and I can't
say that I understand more precisely what to type in ther in order to
make it call authorindex. Can I just add something to the field called
"Converter" (currently saying "xelatex $$i")? What should I write there?

The authorindex script is supposed to have the .aux file produced by
latex as argument.

Thanks again!

Best,
Mats