List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Tip: How to type degree symbol in Windows using the numeric key pad
From:       William Adams <will.adams () frycomm ! com>
Date:       2009-07-30 14:49:37

On Jul 30, 2009, at 4:22 AM, Christian Ridderström wrote:

>> Caveat: There might be drawbacks with this method that I haven't
>> tested, and it would be much nicer if I had the equivalent of a
>> Compose-key in Windows.

Interestingly, one of the earliest utilities for Windows was DEC's
COMPOSE.EXE which emulated the Compose key on their dedicated word
processing equipment.

Unfortunately, Microsoft broke it sometime during the Windows 95 beta.

There is a free successor, ``AllChars'', now available at:

http://allchars.zwolnet.com/

William

--
William Adams