List:       lyx-users
Subject:    default math mode for multiline equations
From:       Oscar Lopez <oscar.lopez.garcia () upm ! es>
Date:       2009-07-28 14:29:08

Dear lyxers

I would like to know if there is some way to customize the math
environment that lyx provides when Ctrl+Enter is used (multiline
formulae). As it is described at the math documentation section 18.1
when AMS math package is used the align environment is used as the default.

Now I would like to use lyx memoir book together with AMS math package
but using gather environment as the default environment for multiline
math expressions. However, I cannot find at the preferences or layout
files where this can be set. Sorry if I have missed something evident
but I've checked documentation and gmane mailing lists and I couldn't
find any answer. Can I customize lyx behaviour to get gather multiline
environment when I hit CTRL+Enter using the AMS math package?

Thanks in advance for your help
Best regards
Oscar