List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: noweb should be a module not a class
From:       "Sam Liddicott" <sam () liddicott ! com>
Date:       2009-07-28 9:34:47

Wahey: maybe we can get noweb as a module very simply...

I added this file noweb.module to my .lyx/layouts directory (and
reconfigured Lyx).

--8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<---
#\DeclareLyXModule[noweb.sty]{Noweb}
#DescriptionBegin
#Adds \usepackage{noweb} to your document, along with the Scrap style.
#Also fixes the CharStyle:Code to work with noweb, redefining nowebs
#\code command to \nwcode (if you need it).
#DescriptionEnd

Format 11

AddToPreamble
        \usepackage{noweb}
        % noweb breaks code command
        \newcommand{\nwcode}{\code}
        \renewcommand{\code}[1]{\texttt{#1}}
EndPreamble

Input literate-scrap.inc
--8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<---

And now I can add "Noweb" module to "article (KOMA-Script)" and have the
Scrap style made available.

Because literate-scrap.inc says:
OutputType              literate

I get my .nw conversions for free!

I get the warnings:

Package(s) required: noweb.sty.
WARNING: Some required packages are unavailable!

and

Warning: Package not available
The module literate requires a package that is
not available in your LaTeX installation. LaTeX output
may not be possible.

Which I don't understand as I have /usr/share/texmf/tex/plain/misc/noweb.sty

However LaTeX output is just fine!

If I get this fixed, perhaps we can add noweb as a module?

Sam