Thanks guys for your help. It turned out to be an encoding problem: BibTex does not support unicode yet. Cheers, Sebastian rgheck wrote: > On 07/13/2009 10:22 AM, Sebastian Stolzenberg wrote: >> Hi rh, Hi Murat, Hi All, >> >> let's define $tmp=/tmp/lyx_tmpdir.TJ6542/lyx_tmpbuf2 >> >> There is 1 reference in the test.bib I attached, but looking into the >> $tmp/test.log file, I get this error message here: >> >> LaTeX Warning: Empty `thebibliography' environment on input line 3. >> >> since $tmp/test.bbl has no references. However, there exists >> $tmp/0_home_sebastian_test.bib, including my 1 reference. >> >> The files test.aux, test.tex, and test.tex.dep-pdf (all in $tmp) >> refer to this bib file. >> >> @rh: As a workaround, did you add a reference to a *.bib or a *.bbl >> file to make things work? If *.bbl, could you kindly send me the >> *.bbl file so that I can learn, how to these references manually? >> > No, I didn't do anything but add a footnote to your LyX file. Without > it, of course there will be no references, since nothing is cited. > Normally, LyX (and, for that matter, LaTeX) includes only cited > material in the bibliography. This allows you to have a single, huge > bib file that you use with all your documents, and only the ones you > cite get output. > > If you want to output everything in the bib file, then click on the > bibliography inset and then, at the bottom, where it says "Content", > choose "All references". > > rh >