List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Problem with Bibliography author-year style in document class
From:       Lea Rennert <lea.rennert () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-30 23:34:36

thank you very much for your reply!
what style did you choose for the bibliography itself? (when you right
click on "BibTeX Generated Bibliography" -> Settings... to choose the
bib-file and the citation style from the list)

I ask because, unfortunately, the preamble produced two error messages
for me (see below). but maybe it depends on what corresponding style
you choose? (I did choose natbib in Document -> Settings ->
Bibliography...)

The error messages:

Undefined control sequence.
 \bibpunct
              {(}{)}{,}{a}{,}{,}
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
 \bibpunct{(
You're in trouble here.  Try typing  <return>  to proceed.
If that doesn't work, type  X <return>  to quit.