List:       lyx-users
Subject:    problems with Japanese
From:       clemens <clementelavoratori () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-01 15:55:50

Hello,
I am a complete beginner so please excuse me for these many questions.
I have installed LyX 1.6.1 since I would like to transfer my dissertation to
LateX without having to learn everything.
I have installed all the possible packages related to Japanese (or at least
so I think), have some tfm fonts installed but I am not able to get a proper
DVI or Pdf with Japanese.
I have also tried following the instruction here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Unicode but could not manage.
Eventually I would like to use for the entire dissertation the two following
fonts: Time Ext Roman (ttf) and the Hiragino font family (otf), possibly
with the classic thesis template, which I am also not able to get to work
properly (how do I start a document from a complex multifile
example/template??).

The basic questions are
1)Where should I install the fonts?
2)How do I have them recognized and mapped by tex, latex and lyx?
3)How do I install and use anew template (this one in particular
http://www.soundsorange.net/resources/classic-thesis-for-lyx/)
Thank you in advance for your patience.
All the best