List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Cant load document class
From:       l2kueh <j.kueh () ucl ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2009-06-30 14:54:19

Hey there,

I have been having trouble trying to use this class file.

I have downloaded new_cit_thesis package.  Created a new folder:cit_thesis
(path: Miktek 2.7/tex/latex/cit_thesis/xxxx.cls).  I figured out that I
needed to do MikTek Updater.  Kpsewhich cmd returns the location of the
class and style file used in the package, so it means LaTex recognize the
.cls and .sty file.

I have gotten the layout file and put it in the Lyx16/resources/layouts
folder.  After reconfigured Lyx, the layout appear on the document class
under Tools in Lyx.  So lyx recognize the .layout file.

Here's the problem.
In Lyx when I click on the document class, it could not load document class
+ error message - saying "unable to set document class."

What should I do in order to use this class?  Do it got to do with any
copyright that barred the .cls or .layout from being used.  This class is
not found in MikTek Packages database.

I have made sure that all the file names tallied, so that it is not the
files names that are costing the problem.

Hope someone out there can help me out!

Mnay thanks in advance,
Jacque