List:       lyx-users
Subject:    LyX, Songbird, and Mac OS X
From:       Liz Cademy <zcademy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-23 21:12:35

Hello!

I am brand new to LaTeX and Lyx. I downloaded them specifically to
create a book of song lyrics for my daughter.

Details:  Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) on a PowerBook G4

I am very familiar with the Mac OS, but not with linux or the
terminal. If the solution to my problem needs me to work in Terminal,
please be very, very specific.

I am trying to install Songbird. I am following the instructions on
this wiki page:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Layouts/Songbook#toc4

I downloaded SongbookRelease 4.0, unpacked it, and put it in my ~/
application Support/Lyx  folder.  Though it isn't stated in the wiki,
this seems like the logical place for the files.

I downloaded Songbook_lyx, unpacked it, and also put it in the same
folder.

I then opened Lyx and chose the Reconfigure menu item. I got a dialog
that said Lyx was reconfigured (with no details) and to restart Lyx,
which I did.

I tried opening the Songbook template in Lyx, I get a "The document
class songbook could not be found ..." dialog.

I noticed that I have the conditionals.sty file, but not the
songbook.sty file. The wiki shows a download for the songbook.sty
file, but when I downloaded it (again, into my applications support/
lyx folder), I got the exact same error in Lyx, even after
reconfiguring.

Help, please!

--Liz