List:       lyx-users
Subject:    lyx2lyx bug?
From:       Rodrigo Fresneda <fresneda () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-27 16:15:57

Today I received a buggy tex document from a friend, and LyX could't import
it:

Warning: #LyX file created by tex2lyx 1.6.2
LyX Code: 8 name: unknown
../../../src/support/lassert.cpp(21): ASSERTION false VIOLATED
IN ../../src/insets/Inset.cpp:137
../../../src/support/lassert.cpp(21): ASSERTION buf VIOLATED
IN ../../src/BufferList.cpp:95
Error: Inset::buffer_ member not initialized!
LyX Code: 8 name: unknown
No file open!
The current document was closed.

However, LateX just gives:
! Package amsmath Error: Multiple \label's: label 'B' will be lost.

See the amsmath package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.11 \end{align}

So I managed to isolate the problem, and it really amounts to  two labels
inside an align environment, like this:

\begin{align}
\label{A} \label{B}
\end{align}

I understand this is a bug, and if anyone confirms it, I will make an entry in
the bug listings.

best regards,
rodrigo.