List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Automatic upper case for citation? (using BibLaTeX)
From:       Piero Faustini <pierofaustini () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-30 10:06:28

> The difference between the DVI and the PDF outputs is very strange. If you
> could make a small self inclosed latex example, you should add it to the
> tracker.

Ok, some diagnostic done.
1. It's not that the DVI (as well as PS) output works, but the opposite: It
actually doesn't work after a full stop, and ONLY for Ib. (Id. works).
2. This malfunction is caused by the hyperref package. If I omit  this,
everything work (bad) as before.
3. The Ibidem/Idem capitalization problem is still there.

I have this file:

%% LyX 1.6.2 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[italian]{scrbook}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
\setcounter{secnumdepth}{1}
\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% User specified LaTeX commands.
%\widowpenalty=10000
%\clubpenalty=10000
\usepackage[babel]{csquotes}
\usepackage[natbib=true,style=verbose-trad2,sorting=nyt,hyperref=true,
backref=true, strict=false]{biblatex}

\bibliography{F:/DiLavoro/Tesi/TesiUTF}

\usepackage[unicode=true]
 {hyperref}

\usepackage{babel}

\begin{document}
prova%
\footnote{\citet{FaustiniBraga}; \citet{FaustiniSoleraBiografia};
\citet{FaustiniTesiSolera}%
} prova%
\footnote{\citet{FaustiniTesiSolera}; cfr. \citet{FaustiniTesiSolera}; cfr.\
\citet{FaustiniTesiSolera};
cfr.\ \citet{FaustiniSoleraBiografia}; cfr. \citet{FaustiniTesiSolera};
\citet{FaustiniBraga};.%
}
\printbibliography
\end{document}

with the TesiUTF.bib (which is not UTF-encoded actually...) file:

@phdthesis{
FaustiniTesiSolera,
   Author = {Faustini, Piero},
   Title = {Il libretto romantico come testo d'uso: indagine sui melodrammi di
Temistocle Solera (1816ca. - 1878), poeta e compositore},
   ShortTitle = {Il libretto romantico come testo d'uso},
   School = {Università di Bologna},
   Type = {Tesi di Laurea in Drammaturgia musicale},
      Year = {2003} }

@inproceedings{
FaustiniBraga,
   Author = {Faustini, Piero},
   Title = {Ruy Blas tra  drame e mélodrame: un inedito rivale per il successo
internazionale di Filippo Marchetti},
   ShortTitle = {Ruy Blas tra  drame e mélodrame: un inedito rivale per il
successo internazionale di Filippo Marchetti},
   BookTitle = {Gaetano braga, un musicista europeo},
   Address= {Varenna},
      Year = {2007} }

@article{
FaustiniSoleraBiografia,
   Author = {Faustini, Piero},
   Title = {Vita e melodramma: Temistocle Solera (1815-1878)},
   ShortTitle = {Vita e melodramma: Temistocle Solera (1815-1878)},
   Journal = {Annali Online - Lettere - Università degli studi di Ferrara},
   Pages = {25},
      Year = {2009} }