Richard Heck schreef: > Dan Fitch wrote: >> 1. The new hyperref stuff in 1.6 is very slick. Is there any way to >> make a "cross reference" to a section or subsection, without adding a >> label? So the user might say "As defined in s. 10.91" without having >> to go to section 10.91 and adding a label? >> >> > Not at present, though this functionality has been much discussed. > I.e., a kind of "auto-label" that exists for certain kinds of > elements. Come to think of it, work just done by Vincent van > Ravesteijn might well put this within reach. Vincent, the thought is > this: Use the context menu in the TOC. I'm sure there are lots of > issues, though, that I've not yet considered. Yes, I've thought about this. You could indeed imagine a context menu item in the TOC "Insert reference to section", that will insert a label and a reference at once. Or one can think of a second tab in the cross-reference dialog showing all sections too. Vincent